With visionary leadership and strong commitment from staff and volunteers, Evergreen continues to stay true to our guiding principles.
Guided by Christian ideals, we strive to provide exceptional living environments, services and experiences for people 55 and older.
A vibrant community that offers rich life experiences and choices in programs, services and environments for those we serve.
Evergreen appreciates the expertise and guidance of our leadership team
- Barbara Rau, Chair
- Tom Ramsey, Vice Chair
- Javad Ahmad
- Jim Chitwood
- Sarah DeArmond
- Dede DeWitt
- Mike Grey
- David Kruck
- Sherry Lynch
- Andrew Mathes
- Chad Miller
- Luella Remmel
- Tony Renning
- Emily Richeson
- Alan Rommelfanger
- John "Jack" Stubbs
- Cathy Weigand
- Ann Wilkes
- Ron Harrell, Chair
- Steve Cummings, Vice Chair
- Cathy Bober
- Sandi Challoner
- Ralph DiBiasio-Snyder
- Darcy Duffy
- Mandi Kation
- Mary Hansen, Chair
- Barb Knutzen, Vice-Chair
- Anna Filipova
- Wayne Oehler
- Kathleen Propp
- John Schorse
- Thomas J. Wintheiser
- Alyson Zierdt
Evergreen Executive Team
The Evergreen Leadership Team (ELT) includes Executive Team members, unit and department managers, and organization coordinators. For more information about the Evergreen leadership teams, or to learn how to become involved, please contact Lisa Ruiz at (920) 237-2101 or LRuiz@EvergreenOshkosh.com.
Growing and evolving to suit Wisconsin’s active seniors.
From our humble beginnings in 1965, Evergreen has flourished. Today, we’re Oshkosh’s premier Life Plan Community – providing all the latest services and amenities to support the active lifestyles of today’s seniors.
- 1967 - Evergreen Manor opened as a health and welfare ministry of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church, including 92 apartments, plus accommodations for 50 skilled nursing care residents.
- 1969 - Opened our first ranch-style cottages.
- 1974 - Added 20 assisted living apartments and 56 nursing care accommodations.
- 1989 - Changed name from Evergreen Manor to Evergreen Retirement Community to recognize the continuum of living options.
- 1994 - Opened ShareHaven, a memory care group home.
- 1997 - Opened Creekview (now called Creekview North), offering neighborhood-concept skilled nursing care.
- 2004 – Added Creekview South, and Creekview Center, featuring fitness center, indoor pool, Evergreen Therapy Services and Creekview Café.
- 2008 - Opened the Post Surgical and Rehab Center at Manor View.
- 2010 - A new service providing in-home services for those who live independently on our campus or in the greater Oshkosh area community, Evergreen At Home, was launched.
- 2016 - Broke ground on the final phases of our Master Site Plan, including 41 new independent Courtyard Residence apartments, new main entrance, new Worship and Performing Arts Center and much more!
- 2017 - Celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
- 2021 - Developed & Broke ground on Linden Oaks an Evergreen Community - A pocket neighborhood and the newest rental option in the greater Oshkosh community.
- Looking ahead - Evergreen will continue to evolve to meet the needs of each resident — helping them reach their highest wellness potential.
Natural surroundings enhance the beauty of Evergreen.
Our beautiful 35-acre campus is located in a pleasant residential neighborhood bordering Sawyer Creek in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This natural setting includes our own Oak Savannah woodland–a rare ecosystem of open woodland consisting primarily of oak and hickory trees, plus over 40 species of native plants. It’s an extraordinary natural resource for Evergreen residents to enjoy right in their backyard.
Use this campus map to get a bird’s-eye view of Evergreen, including woodlands, walking paths and a fishing pier along Sawyer Creek.
Take a Virtual Tour
We invite you to take a look around, our virtual tour includes our Fireside Lounge, Thomas E. Neta Library, Pub 67, our beautiful Worship & Preforming Arts Center and Fitness & Aquatics Center.
Better than ever with enhanced residences and services.
For more than 50 years, Evergreen has evolved to anticipate the needs and desires of the people who choose to call our community home. In May of 2018 we completed our six-phase Master Site Plan, with community-wide enhancements including:
- New Worship and Performing Arts Center
- New Manor Building with covered entry, front patio and gardens, Pub 67, library and additional parking
- New Evergreen Courtyard Residences featuring 62 apartments, garden courtyard, underground parking, and fitness center
- …and much more!
Request a private tour!
We invite you to come for a visit and discover for yourself all of the wonderful people and places at Evergreen. Use the form below to contact us with your questions or comments. For immediate feedback, please call us at (920) 233-2340