With visionary leadership and strong commitment from staff and volunteers, Evergreen continues to stay true to our guiding principles.
Guided by Christian ideals, we strive to provide exceptional living environments, services and experiences for people 55 and older.
A vibrant community that offers rich life experiences and choices in programs, services and environments for those we serve.
Our moral compass points:
Spirituality – Honoring God.
Wellness – Providing choices to grow one’s self in mind, body and spirit.
Compassion – Responding to others with love, concern and respect.
Stewardship – Using wisely our gifts of time, talent and treasure.
Evergreen appreciates the expertise and guidance of our leadership team
- Vernice Haase, Chair
- Barbara Rau, Vice Chair
- Jim Chitwood
- Gini Davis
- Steve Dunn
- Mike Grey
- Elizabeth Hartman
- John Hintze
- Fred Lilly
- Sandy Muinde
- Dr. John Newman
- Rick Picard
- Tom Ramsey
- Luella Remmel
- Tony Renning
- John Schatz
- Chris VanStraten
- Ann Tulip
- Cathy Weigand
- Anna Filipova, Chair
- Cathy Bober
- Sandi Challoner
- Steve Cummings
- Ron Harrell
- Tony Palmeri
- Mandi Paulick
- Rick Picard, Chair
- Mary Hansen, Vice-Chair
- Patti Andresen-Shew
- Carol Cameron
- Ginna Nelson
- Wayne Oehler
- Kathleen Propp
- Pam Ruder
- Cathy Scherer
- Thomas J. Wintheiser
Evergreen Executive Team
Ken Arneson – President and CEO
Peggy Bellin – Vice President Health and Support Services
Theresa Brockman – Vice President Marketing and Business Development
John Krueger – Vice President Finance and Information Services
Erin Sanders – Vice President Human Resources
Carol C. Staszkiewicz – Vice President Foundation Advancement
The Evergreen Leadership Team (ELT) includes Executive Team members, unit and department managers, and organization coordinators. With approximately 30 members, ELT meets monthly to share program and project updates, and to keep all members informed about currents events.
Growing and evolving to suit Wisconsin’s active seniors.
From our humble beginnings in 1965, Evergreen has flourished. Today, we’re Oshkosh’s premier Life Plan Community – providing all the latest services and amenities to support the active lifestyles of today’s seniors.
- 1967 - Evergreen Manor opened as a health and welfare ministry of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church, including 92 apartments, plus accommodations for 50 skilled nursing care residents.
- 1969 - Opened our first ranch-style cottages.
- 1974 - Added 20 assisted living apartments and 56 nursing care accommodations.
- 1989 - Changed name from Evergreen Manor to Evergreen Retirement Community to recognize the continuum of living options.
- 1994 - Opened ShareHaven, a memory care group home.
- 1997 - Opened Creekview (now called Creekview North), offering neighborhood-concept skilled nursing care.
- 2004 – Added Creekview South, and Creekview Center, featuring fitness center, indoor pool, Evergreen Therapy Services and Creekview Café.
- 2008 - Opened the Post Surgical and Rehab Center at Manor View.
- 2010 - A new service providing in-home services for those who live independently on our campus or in the greater Oshkosh area community, Evergreen At Home, was launched.
- 2016 - Broke ground on the final phases of our Master Site Plan, including 41 new independent Courtyard Residence apartments, new main entrance, new Worship and Performing Arts Center and much more!
- 2017 - Celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
- Looking ahead - Evergreen will continue to evolve to meet the needs of each resident — helping them reach their highest wellness potential.
Natural surroundings enhance the beauty of Evergreen.
Our beautiful 35-acre campus is located in a pleasant residential neighborhood bordering Sawyer Creek in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This natural setting includes our own Oak Savannah woodland–a rare ecosystem of open woodland consisting primarily of oak and hickory trees, plus over 40 species of native plants. It’s an extraordinary natural resource for Evergreen residents to enjoy right in their backyard.
Use this campus map to get a bird’s-eye view of Evergreen, including woodlands, walking paths and a fishing pier along Sawyer Creek.
Better than ever:
Master Site Plan enhances residences and services.
For more than 50 years, Evergreen has evolved to anticipate the needs and desires of the people who choose to call our community home. In May of 2018 we completed our six-phase Master Site Plan, with community-wide enhancements including:
- Upgraded Commons
- Upgraded ShareHaven Memory Care with private bathrooms, additional activity spaces, and improved kitchens
- Relocated post-surgical and rehabilitation center with private showers and beautified outdoor courtyards
- New Worship and Performing Arts Center
- New Manor Building with covered entry, front patio and gardens, Pub 67, library and additional parking
- New Evergreen Courtyard Residences featuring 62 apartments, garden courtyard, underground parking, and fitness center
- …and much more!
Learn about the Evergreen Foundation Capital Campaign that provides support for many of these projects.
Request a private tour!
We invite you to come for a visit and discover for yourself all of the wonderful people and places at Evergreen. Use the form below to contact us with your questions or comments. For immediate feedback, please call us at (920) 233-2340