Memorandum – April 8, 2020
To: Evergreen Independent Living Residents
Re: NEW COVID-19 information
Spiritual Life update:
Easter Sunday services with Pastor Steve Wood will be broadcast on EVTV at 3:30 pm on Sunday, April 12th. No in-person services will take place on Easter Sunday. Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services and the Rosary group on Sunday afternoon are also canceled.
Spiritual offerings on local broadcast television include:
- WBAY—2 Sunday @ 5:30 am ‘My Sunday Mass’
- WFRV—5 Sunday @ 10:30 am Easter Sunday Mass w/Bishop Ricken, Dioceses of Green Bay
- WCWF—14 Sunday @ 8:00 am Catholic Mass, Heart of the Nation
- WACY—32 Sunday @ 8:30 am ‘Pathway to Victory,’ Dr. Robert Jeffress
In addition to staff wearing masks, the CDC has now recommended that the general public wear masks as well. Evergreen is working with the resident sewing group to provide a cloth mask to all residents. Masks will be distributed when completed and we ask that you please wear your mask any time you leave your accommodation.
If you have a guest visit campus, they will be required to provide their own mask.
Easter dinner specials:
In addition to our regular prime rib special on Sunday, The GardenSide will be offering an additional Easter special including ham, green bean casserole, roasted yukon potatoes, dinner roll and a choice of dessert for $10. Please call (920) 303-8406 to place your order. Seating in The GardenSide is extremely limited; delivery and carryout orders are encouraged.
Guest house reservations:
All reservations for the Evergreen guest house are being canceled through May. Please contact Resident & Guest Services if you have any questions.
Resident’s Council meeting:
The Residents Council meeting on Monday, April 13th is canceled. Last month’s meeting minutes and financial report will be distributed.
Residents can tune into EVTV on Thursday afternoon at 12:45 pm, 4:45 pm, and 7:15 pm to hear an updates from Ken Arneson and Theresa Brockman. Regular weekly broadcasts will be held to help keep residents informed on the current situation, watch the EVTV schedule for air times.
We continue to ask that you do not invite guests and family to Evergreen at this time. We also ask that residents stay on campus and limit exposure to the greater community as much as possible.
If you must have a visitor, we ask that you continue using the following precautions:
- Notify Evergreen immediately if a visitor has symptoms of respiratory infection within 14 days of visiting and where they were on the campus.
- Limit touching of surfaces when coming to the campus and practice good hand hygiene.
- Limit interactions and practice social distancing (at least 6’ apart), e.g. no hugs, handshakes.
- Use the log provided earlier this week to help us track who is coming to visit and when. Please keep the log on your refrigerator for easy reference. Additional logs can be found at Resident & Guest Services.
Items for residents can be dropped off at the vestibule at door 1 during regular business hours (Mon.-Fri. 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or Sat. & Sun 9:00 am – 4:00 pm). Staff will deliver items to residents.
If a resident shows signs or symptoms such as cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, you are asked to remain in your accommodation and contact the campus health nurse.
We continue to be grateful for your patience and understanding. Stay well!