With visionary leadership and strong commitment from staff and volunteers, Evergreen continues to stay true to our guiding principles.
Guided by Christian ideals, we strive to provide exceptional living environments, services and experiences for people 55 and older.
A vibrant community that offers rich life experiences and choices in programs, services and environments for those we serve.
Our moral compass points:
Spirituality – Honoring God.
Wellness – Providing choices to grow one’s self in mind, body and spirit.
Compassion – Responding to others with love, concern and respect.
Stewardship – Using wisely our gifts of time, talent and treasure.
Evergreen appreciates the expertise and guidance of our leadership team
- Dede DeWitt, Chair
- Vernice Haase, Vice-Chair
- Gini Davis
- Steve Dunn
- Elizabeth Hartman
- John Hintze
- Sue Kreibich
- Marcia Larson
- Fred Lilly
- Sandy Muinde
- John Newman
- Rick Picard
- Tom Ramsey
- Barbara Rau
- Luella Remmel
- Chris VanStraten
- Anna Filipova, Chair
- Sandi Challoner
- Bill Christianson
- Steve Cummings
- Ron Harrell
- Betty Paterson
- Rick Picard, Chair - Financial Services, Financial Architects
- Mary Hansen, Vice-Chair - Healthcare Executive, Nursing Home Administrator
- Patti Andresen-Shew - Director of Education and Talent Development, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce
- Carol Cameron - Retired RN
- The Reverend Canon Charles Cason - Retired, Episcopal Priest
- Randy Husman - Financial Professional, Prudential
- Ginna Nelson - Retired Executive Director, Winnebagoland Council of Camp Fire Girls
- Kathleen Propp - Retired, UW Oshkosh
- Pam Ruder - Community Member
- Cathy Scherer - Attorney, Scherer Law
- Thomas J. Wintheiser - Retired VP and Co-Owner, Viking Steel, Inc.
Ken Arneson - President and CEO
With Evergreen since 1998
Peggy Bellin - Vice President Health and Support Services
With Evergreen since 1992
John Krueger - Vice President Finance and Information Services
With Evergreen since 1988
Erin Sanders - Vice President Human Resources
With Evergreen since 2001
Carol C. Staszkiewicz - Vice President Foundation Advancement
With Evergreen since 2000
The Evergreen Leadership Team (ELT) includes Executive Team members, unit and department managers, and organization coordinators. With approximately 30 members, ELT meets monthly to share program and project updates, and to keep all members informed about currents events.
Growing and evolving to suit Wisconsin’s active seniors.
From our humble beginnings in 1965, Evergreen has flourished. Today, we’re Oshkosh’s premier Life Plan Community – providing all the latest services and amenities to support the active lifestyles of today’s seniors.
- 1967 - Evergreen Manor opened as a health and welfare ministry of the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church, including 92 apartments, plus accommodations for 50 skilled nursing care residents.
- 1969 - Opened our first ranch-style cottages.
- 1974 - Added 20 assisted living apartments and 56 nursing care accommodations.
- 1989 - Changed name from Evergreen Manor to Evergreen Retirement Community to recognize the continuum of living options.
- 1994 - Opened ShareHaven, a memory care group home.
- 1997 - Opened Creekview (now called Creekview North), offering neighborhood-concept skilled nursing care.
- 2004 – Added Creekview South, and Creekview Center, featuring fitness center, indoor pool, Evergreen Therapy Services and Creekview Café.
- 2008 - Opened the Post Surgical and Rehab Center at Manor View.
- 2010 - A new service providing in-home services for those who live independently on our campus or in the greater Oshkosh area community, Evergreen At Home, was launched.
- 2016 - Broke ground on the final phases of our Master Site Plan, including 41 new independent Courtyard Residence apartments, new main entrance, new Worship and Performing Arts Center and much more!
- 2017 - Celebrated our 50th Anniversary.
- Looking ahead - Evergreen will continue to evolve to meet the needs of each resident — helping them reach their highest wellness potential.
Natural surroundings enhance the beauty of Evergreen.
Our beautiful 35-acre campus is located in a pleasant residential neighborhood bordering Sawyer Creek in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This natural setting includes our own Oak Savanna woodland–a rare ecosystem of open woodland consisting primarily of oak and hickory trees, plus over 40 species of native plants. It’s an extraordinary natural resource for Evergreen residents to enjoy right in their backyard.
Use this campus map to get a bird’s-eye view of Evergreen, including woodlands, walking paths and a fishing pier along Sawyer Creek.
Better than ever:
Master Plan enhances residences and services.
For more than 50 years, Evergreen has evolved to anticipate the needs and desires of the people who choose to call our community home. We are currently in the process of completing a six-phase Master Plan, with community-wide enhancements including:
- Upgraded Commons
- Upgraded ShareHaven Memory Care with private bathrooms, additional activity spaces, and improved kitchens
- Relocated post-surgical and rehabilitation center with private showers and beautified outdoor courtyards
- New Worship and Performing Arts Center
- New Manor Building with covered entry, front patio and gardens, Pub 67, library and additional parking
- New Evergreen Courtyard Residences featuring 62 apartments, garden courtyard, underground parking, fitness center and technology center
- …and much more!
Learn about the Evergreen Foundation Capital Campaign that provides support for many of these projects.
Request a private tour!
Want to see these residence options in person? Call (920) 233-2340 or fill out the form below.