Make a Difference. Become an Evergreen Volunteer.
Exciting opportunities abound for resident and community volunteers at Evergreen. Volunteers of all ages, interests and abilities can serve at their own convenience. When you volunteer at Evergreen, we’ll find you something you’ll love doing.
Evergreen volunteers under 14 years old must be accompanied by a family member. Families are encouraged to volunteer together! Special one-time volunteers, such as church youth groups and college service groups or other service-oriented organizations, are welcome.
- Do you like to exercise and socialize? Then join our Fitness Transport Team! Provide the “power” for residents in wheelchairs to and from our Fitness Center. Monday-Friday from 1:00 to about 2:30.
- Provide transportation for our Sunday ecumenical worship service by pushing wheelchairs to and from our Chapel. Sunday afternoons 3:30 - 5:00.
- Do you have the gift of hospitality? Bake cookies, offer popcorn, soda, and other treats from our refreshment cart to residents on our post-surgical/rehab wing. Bring a smile, receive even more! Any day from 3:00 - 3:45.
- Sell merchandise on Wednesdays and/or sort, price and display merchandise on Thursdays for the Manor Mart Thrift Shop.
- Escort residents in wheelchairs to events on campus or enjoy an indoor or outdoor walk together.
- Share your musical talent. Make puzzles or play card games. Lead craft projects. Assist with special events. Have fun!
- See a more complete list of opportunities on the volunteer application, or let us know your interests.
Contact Phyllis Thompson, Volunteer Coordinator, if you’re interested in becoming an Evergreen volunteer at pthompson@EvergreenOshkosh.com or 920-237-2126.
Discover the Benefits of Volunteering
- Enjoy sharing your talents and skills, developing new interests, gaining new experiences, helping others and making new friends.
- Become eligible for special privileges in the Fitness and Aquatic Centers.
- Be honored at an annual reception held at Evergreen.
- Those who have accumulated 100 hours of volunteer service and have logged at least 50 hours of service from August 1 - July 31 are invited to the annual World of Thanks celebration.
Giving the Gift of Time
Too Grand: 2,000 cumulative service hours and above
Absolutely Awesome: 1,500 cumulative service hours
Selfless Servers: 1,000 cumulative service hours
Fantastic 500: 500 cumulative service hours
Timeless Treasures: 250 cumulative service hours
Priceless Partners: 100 cumulative service hours
To help appropriately match your interests we ask all prospective volunteers to complete an application, provide references and submit a background check if over 18 years old. Once the application process is completed, an interview, orientation and training are provided.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Evergreen, please call Volunteer Resources Coordinator Phyllis Thompson at (920) 237-2126 or e-mail pthompson@EvergreenOshkosh.com.